Give your gardens a second life by cutting flowers back and giving them another shot of fertilizer.
Miracle-Gro’s Bloom Booster and Espoma’s Garden Tone will help stimulate new growth.
- Do NOT cut your grass too short during hot weather; set your mower deck to 3-4”.
- Re-apply Bayer’s All-In-One Rose & Flower Care every 6 weeks.
- Continue to weed and water regularly; 1″-2″ of water per week is recommended.
- Continue planting perennials.
- Dig, divide and move daylilies after they have finished blooming.
- Stop fertilizing perennials after August 15, allowing them to go dormant before the cold weather.
- Kill weedy perennial grasses in your lawn so you can re-seed grass early in September.
- Cut down stems of hollyhocks if rust-colored spots appear on the undersides of leaves.
- Deadhead annuals and perennials as needed.
- Plant fall crop of peas, spinach and lettuce.
- Keep fertilizing your hanging baskets 1-3 times per week to prolong their beauty.
- Add Espoma’s Tomato-Tone to address soil calcium deficits that can cause blossom end rot.
Click here to see our August sales and events! For more advice, see our Helpful Handouts.
Share with your Friends!